Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Painting a Mural!


My mother`s lovely drawing

The wall before we started painting

My fellow volunteers and I have made a plan to paint a mural at the center. This week we had a chance to speak with the director about it. We have been assigned the outside wall, this has become our entire responsibility. A hired painter is painting the classrooms and the office (which was covered in a very interesting wall paper!). More about the painter later.  So we have begun work in earnest on our wall, and are returning to the dorms dirty, tired and covered in paint- which is great! We have three panels to paint and I have turned to my mum and sister for some artistic support. The director wanted us to paint some children so my mum came up with a really wonderful drawing for it. Sorry about the pictures being in the random order, the formating on the blog is causing me problems...

Us on the first day of painting with my friend Heo, sometimes helpful, sometimes a pain in the you know what...

The wall after the second day, progress! We decided to buy the better quality paint on the second day (which actually covers up the existing mural)
one more layer to go...





Our first day of painting, yes we are standing on a table








We began painting the wall with white paint and found it attracted many spectators who were very amused to see a bunch of white girls painting a mural in the middle of Hanoi! The other three girls I am working with: Amelie,Emily and Stacey are all very keen on the idea also, and excited about what we are going to paint. The next step is to show it to the director! I will keep you posted. 



No comments:

Post a Comment